My name is Anouk Cappuyns. I am 38 years old and was born in Belgium, though I have been living in The Netherlands for more than 10 years. My first job as a professional dancer showed me the way to The Hague, and thanks to my dancing activities I have travelled a lot and seen a lot of the world. I speak Dutch, English and French fluently and have a basic knowledge of German.
Soon into my career, I realized that I had other interests besides dancing. I followed different training courses such as sportmassage, shiatsu, polaritymassage, connective tissue massage etc. However, that wasn't "it" yet.
MY AFFINITY WITH PREGNANT WOMEN AND BIRTH
I can say that since I was a child myself I have always been fascinated with pregnancy and birth. Through my massage activities I often met pregnant women and it was very special to be able to give them a massage. My passion grew.
A few years ago I wanted to study to become a midwife. However, it would have been difficult to combine 4 years of fulltime study with my job as a dancer. Yet I wanted to 'mean' something more to pregnant women, so I took a course to be a teacher of pre-natal yoga. Besides teaching my own yoga classes, I worked for different years as a coach in the training-school in The Hague, educating others to become
prenatal yoga teachers.
Each week I teach 5 hours of pre-natal yoga, meeting with about 30 pregnant women. Helping women in their preparation for childbirth is truly something wonderful! Meeting them again in postnatal yoga classes is also great. The part that I was missing was the childbirth itself, which is why I followed the training-course to become a Doula. Now the picture is complete...
Ever year I follow different Trainings and workshops to keep my knowledge updated and work with the most recent techniques. And recently I went to the USA to certify myself as the first Spinning Babies Parent Educator in the Netherlands.
- JJ Doula Advanced Training, June 2013
- Workshop "Undisturbed Birth" Sarah Bruckley, Sept 2013
- JJ Doula Training level 3, Sept 2013
- Workshop "Spinning babies" Gail Tully, Jan 2014
- Workshop Elizabeth Davis,March 2014
- Workshop " Spinning Babies" Gail Tully June 2014
- Dona International workshop " When Survivors Give Birth" Penny Simkin, Nov 2014
- JJ Doula training degree 2015
- Spinning Babies Workshop, Jennifer Walker, Okt 2016
- Spinning Babies Workshop, Jennifer Walker, Dec 2016
- Balance for Better birth, Debra McLaughlin and Marcello Windolph, April 2017
- EFT workshop, Monique van Leeuwen, dec 2017
- Spinning Babies intergration workshop, Gail Tully and Jennifer Walker, Feb 2018
- Spinning Babies Parent Educator training, Gail Tully, April 2018
- Is working with the Kaya Birth Stool
I am honoured every time I get to assist a childbirth.